You already know ABA. Now, gain confidence in your interventions and clinical decisions. Discover techniques that help you clearly target, analyze, and change behavior with an engaging workshop on implementing Precision Teaching from expert, Dr. Rick Kubina.
This 2-day workshop is highly interactive. Led by Dr. Rick Kubina, BCBA-D (Director of Research, CentralReach and Professor of Special Education at Penn State University), the workshop will guide you through the steps of precision measurement and help you obtain superior ABA outcomes. You will learn evidence-based science and practical techniques that you can implement in your own ABA service delivery.
12 BACB Type 2 Continuing Education Units are available (professional tickets only)
Step 1: Pinpointing behavior
According to research, operational definitions (e.g., tantrum, noncompliance) can be difficult to detect and analyze. Practice transforming vague definitions into precise “pinpoints” that everyone on the behavior team can clearly detect, count, and record.
Step 2: Measuring behavior
Discover smart metrics for analyzing behavior. By measuring dimensional quantities and implementing some Precision Teaching techniques, you can maximize behavior analytic services for your learner.
Step 3: Analyzing data
Find out how easy it is to use the Standard Celeration Chart. Compare the difference between analyzing with trend and analyzing with celeration—which indicates exactly when a learner will reach their goal. Also, try out digital Chartlytics charts and see the decision-making difference!
Step 4: Implementing techniques
See Precision Teaching techniques in action. Look at examples and questions from clinical, school-based, and home settings. Plus, begin a plan for your clients.
Day 1: Thursday, Nov. 15 | 9:00am – 4:00pm (includes a 1-hour lunch break)
Happy Hour: Thursday, Nov. 15 | 5:00pm-7:00pm
Day 2: Friday, Nov. 16 | 9:00am – 4:00pm (includes a 1-hour lunch break)
Address: 700 N. High School Rd., Indianapolis, Indiana 46241
Parking: Parking is free
Accommodations: Nearby hotels are listed HERE
Please bring a laptop or tablet for online activities
Lunch information will be provided soon
– Produce precise pinpoints for difficult-to-measure academic and/or behavioral targets.
– Compare interval recording against a continuous and complete schedule of observation.
– Count behaviors and calculate frequencies.
– Chart behavioral data on a digital Standard Celeration Chart (SCC)
– Describe the difference between “trend” and “celeration.”
– Identify the celeration value on the SCC.
– Use the SCC to decide whether to change, continue, or complete an intervention.
– Discuss applications of Standard Celeration Charting for common growth and reduction targets.
– Describe data challenges in clinical, school-based, or home environments and apply a precision measurement plan.